It’s that time of the year again where my friend Mike over at The LFP is hosting another Dodgers Softball Charity Tournament! And like in years past, Team InfieldBox will be back on the diamond. We’re currently looking to fill out our roster, so if you’re interested comment on this post or reach out on our contact form, facebook, twitter or instagram.
From THE LFP
Spring training is among us as winter slowly releases its grip back East here. There are plenty of open roster spots on this sites team as well as others. So get out and brush up your skills to be read to play come April. This years tournament will once again benefit the Los Angeles Mission. One of the new rule changes is. The team that donates the most food will receive their choice of beginning each game with a two run lead or as home team through out the tournament. I hope this rule change will make a difference in the amount of donations from previous tournaments. I know some blogs have merged or gone away. If you played for one in the past. You and your teammates are welcome to represent them in this tournament also. No one will be turned away if they want to play. due to the fact there are less blogs. I will open this tournament up to any team who wants to play. I will try to have a separate division for those teams.
What can you expect the day of the tournament other than one hell of a good time.
Included are the following:
- 3-Game Guarantee on Major League Baseball Replica Fields
- Single elimination Playoff Games (for qualifying teams)
- Tournament Director
- Bracketing for all teams.
- 1st Place trophy
- 2nd Place plaque
- 3 Large pizzas and 4 pitchers of soda per team.
Here is a list of items you can donate the day of the tournament.
- Any canned or non perishable food item is welcome
- Canned tuna or chicken
- Pasta, Beans, Rice, Sardines, Stews, Soups, Peanut butter, Jelly, Canned fruits &/or vegetables
- New Tube Socks
- New Underwear (Boxers)
- New Women’s Undergarments (Sports Bras and Plus Sizes)
- Men’s Pants (especially sizes 34 – 44)
- XL, XXL, XXXL Men’s Shirts
- Men’s Tennis Shoes Size 8 and Higher
- Shower Shoes
- Pajamas, Tops and Bottoms
- Teen Clothing
- Personal hygiene products
- Mouth wash tooth paste
- Diapers and formula
When and Where
Location: Big League Dreams in West Covina
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017
Cost: $42.50 per Player